Saturday, August 7, 2010

Give and Take

The part of my web site I maintain for David is on my newer laptop. My part of the site is on the old laptop. Unfortunately, the old laptop no longer comprehends the home wi-fi. It does, however, understand the wi-fi from my Samsung Epix. That would be fine but I don't want to pay for an extra line just to upload my web site. My new Palm Pre is the greatest phone in the world except for two things - its Google Maps app doesn't let me log in so I can get my saved locations (Google's fault) and, as far as I know, nobody has written an application so that I can use the wi-fi on my Pre to upload files from the old laptop. I could pay AT&T twice as much to tether the laptop to the Pre but for that price I could have two data lines and there wouldn't be a problem except for the money flowing out of my pocket. So today I am going to have to move the partial web site to the new laptop. Bummer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd recommend using a removable hard drive. That's what I do.